Thursday, April 28, 2011

Svetlana Thursday: Art is weird


Well friends, it's Thursday, heralding the return of that saucy minx Svetlana and her continuing adventures around my workplace. Feel free to review her last two posts here and here as a reminder of her journey up to now, if necessary. Another thing to keep in mind: Jon, who actually won Svetlana in the gift exchange and is the recipient of these emails, has no idea that I'm the one sending the emails. I'm also cc'ing multiple work friends on these emails as it is providing much needed entertainment during our slow period at work.




12/21/10
From: Svetlana <svetlanastravels@gmail.com>
To: kappellj@uncw.edu
Subject: The adventure continues.....


Hi Jon,


Man, those Student Affairs people really love their happy hour. Happy hour turned into happy night for Svetty! Which then turned into not so happy morning. So I got off to a late start, but have learned a lot so far and made some significant changes since we last spoke. I think I mentioned yesterday that I heard some conspicuous changing down a loooooong hallway. Come to find out, it was Andrea Dorow, practicing a new cheer for the Orientation leaders. 




Even though they've chosen this year's team already, I suggested that they might need a mascot. Maybe that could be my new role in the division! I could go to SROW and see more of the country and even do a session during Orientation on the importance of dressing for the holidays (never forget the hat - so important). She said she's consider it, but that I will of course need to go through the proper selection process. She is one tough cookie. She suggested I start in the Career Center and get a resume critique.


See what I did here? So sneaky. 


So I went and met with Sarah and we went over my previous experience including, but not limited to, watch dog, annoyer of Frank, alternative holiday fashion model, and grocery bagger. Sarah said that it would be a challenge, but we could surely pull some transferable skills out of that and make a pretty great resume. 


On my way out of the Union I wanted to stop by the Boseman Gallery, but was sadly rebuffed by the locked door and intimidating rope. 


Not exactly sure what I missed, but it looks like some kind of giant wormy thing made out of toilet paper. Art is weird.


Finally, thank you for your kind note. I'm happy that I have your support in my adventures. I just ask that you be patient and let me find my own way. And don't worry about the reindeer (Randy is his name), I've got it under control. He's wrapped around my little finger, or mitten I guess.


Happy Trails!

Svetty



While Svetty is sticking to her plan for now, I have a feeling things are about to take a turn for our foliage-carrying friend. Tune in next week for the continuing adventures of Svetlana!

No comments:

Post a Comment