Thursday, June 2, 2011

Svetlana Thursday: Not cool with photographic evidence

Dear Svetty's Fan Club,

I apologize for her recent absence. Shit happens. Deal.

Ha! No really, I have a life, get busy, forget to post. But she's back and ready to share her adventures! And just to keep you engaged, I will let you know that she might have some summertime adventures in the planning stages. That's what we in the biz call a "teaser". Stay tuned....


1/11/11
From: svetlanastravels@gmail.com
To: kappellj@uncw.edu
Subject: Walkie-talkies!!!


Dear Jon,

I hope you enjoyed my recap of the holiday break. It was a truly glorious time, but now that I'm back on campus I'm running into some issues. First of all, I'm not so sure this whole roommate thing is working out. One of my roommates insists on smoking in the suite. I mean seriously, that is so 1988. Who even smokes anymore? The cool celebrities don't even do it, just skanks like LiLo. Anyways, I pointed out to her that there are very discreet smoking receptacles outside the dorm (photo confiscated by HRL), but she refused to listen and even ripped off my hat and threw it across the room! The nerve! That hat is essential to the magic of my outfit! I really tried to resolve the issue myself, but had to go talk to Lindsey about it (photo confiscated by HRL - seriously). We're working on a resolution, but geez, I don't know. After this experience, I'm not sure that being in on campus housing is for me. Also they are just not cool with photographic evidence. Hmmm.

Anyways, due to all the second hand smoke, I developed a nasty cough and went to the health center. I didn't realize they had a pharmacy there.

While I'm sure this is great for students, it's not so great for recovering prescription drug addicts like myself (wouldn't know it to look at me, would you?). As a pre-emptive strike I went across the hall to Crossroads to pick up some literature on the subject.


 It was super helpful and even suggested finding other things to fill your time so you're not tempted to use. That suggestion reminded me of my quest - finding my place in Student Affairs!



My next stop was to the Info Desk. There are so many fun people that work there and they get to use walkie-talkies!!! The elves at the North Pole had some and had to rip them out of my hands as Randy and I made our exit. What better way to be reunited with my favorite form of technology? It was so much fun, but I think Curtis got really tired of me telling him jokes over the walkies. They took away my privileges finally. Oh well, the search continues.....

Til then,

Svetty

No comments:

Post a Comment