Thursday, May 5, 2011

Svetlana Thursday: Elf Yourself

1/4/2011
To: kappellj@uncw.edu
From: svetlanastravels@gmail.com
Subject: What a holiday!

Dear Jon,


I apologize for the radio silence, but the most amazing thing happened. After realizing that this place DIES around the holidays, Randy the Reindeer and I decided to take off as well and went to find our homeland. That's right - we went to the North Pole. Clearly, Santa was a little busy, but we got to hang out with the elves and Randy got to meet some of his extended family. They were pretty impressed with his microphone. The elves were pretty tied up until the 24th, but after they were done with all those toys they threw a huge party! You wouldn't think it to look at them, but they get ridiculous. They might even party than all you Student Affairs people. Might. 
Anyways, they taught Randy and I this great dance! Check it out!

(ed. note: there should be a link here to elf yourself, but those little buggers already took it down! Bah!)

Needless to say, we had a great time. Randy and I might have shared a moment under the mistletoe and we are exploring what that means for our relationship. It's progressing quickly, but I think it's safe to say that there are bright days ahead. Don't worry, he's keeping his antlers to himself for now. I also have a new place to stay! I ran into Phil and Lindsey McDaniel and they told me about an opening in the Crossing*. Seems like a roommate conflict went south and one of the suites has an open bed. The girls want to do a makeover, but I told them to keep their hands off, this outfit got me to where I am today. 


Well, it seems like people around here are starting to get to work, as will I. My journey continues, but never fear, I will be in touch.


Love, Svetty


*The Crossing is a residence hall on campus

No comments:

Post a Comment