Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This list is mine, damnit!

So called "Bucket Lists" seem to be all the rage these days. Everyone's got one, except me. It kind of stresses me out to have a list of things to get done by a certain point in time. If I want to do these things, I'll do them. When I'm ready. If I die first, well shit. But whatevs, probably wasn't meant to be.  However, I do have goals and things I would like to accomplish and I do really like lists, ask anyone. So I made a list.

Stipulations: the list can change at my discretion and at any point in time. I can add to the list. I can delete from the list. I can adjust the list to fit my own personal needs and wants. I will do things when I damn well feel like it and can decide at a moment's notice or take months to plan it. That's the thing about my list. It's mine. I will not be confined by the rules set forth by some crappy buddy comedy between two old farts. (I'm feeling a bit saucy today - can you tell?) Anywho, here's list #1.


1. Shoot a gun (at the shooting range, not at Bambi)
2. Go to Harry Potter world at Universal (with Annahita, if she'll have me. She's the only one besides Lindsey who's as big a dork about HP as me)
3. Travel to the following international destinations: Prague, Australia, South Africa, India
4. Travel to the following US cities: Seattle, Las Vegas, Portland, Austin, San Diego
5. Drive a race car
6. Take a cooking class
7. Go to a film festival
8. Research my ancestry
9. Sing live with a band - no karaoke - in front of actual people
10. Master my grandma's chocolate cake recipe
11. Get a very small tattoo of a robin
12. Take surfing lessons
13. Start my Ph.D. in higher education
14. Run a 5k without stopping.
15. See Cirque du Soleil live
16. Pay off my credit cards (ha! like that'll happen in my lifetime)
17. Ride in a hot air balloon
18. Wear an entirely sequined dress
19. Go to a Hollywood awards show (preferably the Oscars or Emmys, but I will settle for the Golden Globes)
Addendum:
20. See the following artists/bands in concert: Adele, Mumford & Sons, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Sara Bareilles, Hem, the Bird and the Bee, Britney Spears (didn't see that one comin, did ya? HA!), Dixie Chicks (again, seen them 3 times, still hold out hope that they'll reunite)

If you or someone you know can help with any of these items, you will be handsomely rewarded.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE IT. yes, we can go to HP world together and scratch that off both of our lists... I love this list and volunteer to help with all of these except the surfing lesson... let's be real, not a good idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. I just made a list of my own a week ago, and I will be stealing one of yours for my own list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hita - I'm holding you to it and when we're in the same room next time we're locking in a date!

    Stacy - do tell! Which one did you steal? And what else is on your list?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeeeeeeeeees. I'm thinking this fall we can definitely make it happen! maybe same time as food and wine festival???

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 - check.

    Also, Prague is not a country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, thanks for the edits. It is corrected, happy?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Riding a hot air balloon is on my list too! I actually wanted to do it for my 30th birthday, but I was pregnant so that didn't work out. But maybe 31???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kari-definitely! I'll start researching!

    ReplyDelete