Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Am I Wearing Pants?


Silly question, right? WRONG.

I truly feel like I shouldn't have to ask this question, but are you wearing pants? No really, are you? You might think you are, but you may be wrong. Faithful readers, there is an epidemic among us. No, I'm not talking about the 80's mom jeans cutoff shorts that are currently sweeping the coast of FL, but the winter equivalent - leggings worn as pants, or as my colleague Julia calls them - "nopants". 
As we're only now embarking into the territory of cooler weather down here in the sunshine state, It behooves me to make my yearly PSA in a more public forum. LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS. I don't care if you look like this:


or this:


or this:


It is UNACCEPTABLE, skinny bitch or not.

Now, I want to be clear. I love leggings. I own many MANY pairs in several fun and functional colors. They're comfy, warmer than tights, make just slightly too short dresses appropriate, and look great in a pair of boots. Wearing them properly is key. 



"But Sarah, how do I truly know if I'm wearing them appropriately? 
Or, if I'm wearing pants at all? 
Now you've got me concerned!"
I'm so glad you asked. 
Buzzfeed published this handy flowchart to help you figure it out!




She thought she was wearing pants. Nope, doesn't look like it. 



Dude leggings - also not cool:

Dude leggings = no good

However, if you insist, then I will think of you like this:


Do you really want that?

No? 

Then remember:




1 comment:

  1. So funny! I see it all the time here in the DR.

    ReplyDelete